Incoming SMS Related List
To show incoming SMS as a related list, you have to follow two steps:
1. Go to Setup–> App Setup–> Create–> Objects
2. Click “Incoming SMS”
Select the Data Type as “Look Up Relationship”.
Select the other object (May be standard and Custom both) on which (Page Layout) you want Lookup on. (for e.g. we selected Contact)
Click on “Field Name”. The “Field Label” content gets copied in “Field Name”.
- Check “Child Relationship Name”, it should be Incoming_SMS.
- Select the field level access & click “Next”.
3. Add to the layouts required and click “Next”.
4. Click on “Save”
If you have the standard Salesforce format i.e (123) 456-7890, then you can go to SMS Magic Settings and follow the steps below.
However, If you have mobile numbers stored in different formats then you will have to write a custom trigger on incoming SMS that will pick up the mobile number from SMS and search it with various number formats present in your organization. An example of such trigger is present under http://screen-magic.com/resources/?page_id=133.
- Go to SMS Magic Interact App–> SMS -Settings Tab–> Configure Action on Incoming SMS–>New Incoming Lookup
- We need to have mobile number either in international format like 447937947445 (i.e. Country code and mobile number without any special characters and spaces) or in standard Salesforce format i.e. (044) 840-4303 and data type of the field (storing the mobile number value) has be to Phone field (not formula one!) so that it should attach the incoming SMS record with relevant record.
- Lookup configuration will not work for a user having “Salesforce Platform” license.