Sender ID is the alpha-numeric name or number which appears on the mobile phone as the sender of a SMS (It is used to identify who’s sending the message to the recipient). Sender ID can be a numeric number (i.e. a Mobile Phone Number) or an alphanumeric number such as the name of your company.
- Different countries & operators have different standard:-
- UK, Australia, Europe, others: It can be configured under configuration button on SMS Magic Tab. Please note that sender ID has to be within 11 alphanumeric characters.
- USA : Sender Id is NOT configurable. You procure a Dedicated Incoming Number (DIN) or use our incoming numbers for sending messages. You can configure the incoming numbers as the Sender IDs and SMSes sent will show this number as the Sender ID (standard US number eg +12147587469).
- India : The Sender ID is not configurable in India
- To configure Sender ID
- Go to SMS Magic Tab–> SMS Magic Settings
- Click on New Sender IDs
- Enter the sender ID required and click on “Save”
(Multiple Sender ID’s can be configured)
In case you have multiple numbers/Sender IDs and you do not wish to choose a Sender ID while sending SMSes, you can configure a default Sender ID for user profiles.
- To make this configuration, go to SMS Settings–>Basic Settings–>Sender Ids ID configuration.
- Click on “Set Default” button.
- Select your sender ID and profiles and click on “Save”.
In the example below, we have set the default Sender ID for “Custom: Sales Profile” as “smsMagicSales″. Whenever a sales user is sending messages, it will go from “smsMagicSales″. Please note: This option is not available while sending messages from Campaigns.